Traveling with a baby. Sounds easy right? HAHA You are kidding yourself if you think that. I am about to take my 11 week old baby on a four hour flight to visit family, when I booked the tickets I did not know what I was signing up for! I decide to carry the baby in my lap so I don’t have to pay for an extra ticket so that means dad gets two bags, mom gets two bags, baby gets a car seat and stroller. Five days of stuff, that many bags, no problem. Oh wait one problem the baby requires A LOT of stuff.
So I pack lightly (which means one large suitcase), dad packs one suitcase, baby packs one suitcase. Perfect we are packed and ready to go with a bag to spare. Oh wait…diapers? Bottles? Formula? Blankets? Bath Stuff? Burp cloths? Diaper bag? Okay suitcase #4 here we come…after piling all that stuff in the last suitcase I think we are complete…Oh wait, we have to double check the diaper bag, only 3 oz liquids are allowed. Does that mean he can’t have his 4oz bottle?
My head is spinning, this was supposed to be a vacation. So here is what I learned about flying with a baby…
- Yes you can have a 4oz bottle pre made
- No you cannot bring a water bottle to make more bottles you have to buy one
- You can check a carseat and stoller even if you don’t buy a ticket for the baby
- When you check in and pick 3 bags (because of the car seat and stroller) and it says its going to charge you they will not.
- You cannot have your baby in backpack carrier during landing or takeoff
- You will have A LOT of bags
- Yes everyone is staring at you with your 8 bags
- Yes your baby has to take their super cute Uggs off going through security (they might be explosive)
We leave tomorrow, wish me luck… I will let you all know how it goes!